PLAYER’S REACTION: David McGoldrick delighted with late winner
Ipswich v Leicester: Match-winner David McGoldrick could not hide his delight after his strike secured the Blues a hard-earned 1-0 win over Leicester City, at Portman Road, on Saturday.
The on-loan striker scored five minutes from the end of normal time, firing under Kasper Schmeichel, after good link-up play with Daryl Murphy.
McGoldrick, who is ineligible for Tuesday’s trip to his parent club, Nottingham Forest, said: “That’s going to be the script between now and the end of the season, the games are not going to be amazing.
“But we dug in, kept another clean sheet and luckily I managed to get the winner which was pleasing.
“Murph played the ball through to me and I thought the keeper was going to come out, but he stopped and I managed to place the ball to the side of him.”
You may also want to watch:
Town are in 18th position, six points clear of the drop-zone.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 8 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance