POLL: Guirane N’Daw ready to talk to Ipswich Town over a return the club – would you like to see him back?
- Credit: Archant
Guirane N’Daw’s agent has revealed the midfielder is keen on making a return to Ipswich Town, after being given the green light to resume his football career yesterday.
The 29-year-old Senegalese, who enjoyed a successful season-long loan spell at Portman Road last season, was cleared of assaulting his wife Bigue Ndiaye N’Daw, after she failed to turn up and give evidence at Ipswich Crown Court.
Blues manager Mick McCarthy refused to rule out a return for the former Birmingham central midfielder, who is currently a free agent, when quizzed on the subject in the summer, and an Achilles injury sustained by Cole Skuse at QPR on Saturday may just force his hand.
Should Skuse miss this weekend’s home clash with Leeds, that would leave McCarthy with just Ryan Tunnicliffe, Luke Hyam, Anthony Wordsworth and Jay Tabb to fill the two central midfield berths in Ipswich’s engine room.
And N’Daw’s agent Pierre Frelot said his client would be happy to open talks with the Blues now the African’s court case is out of the way.
You may also want to watch:
“We are available if Ipswich want to sign him and we are ready to speak with Ipswich,” said Frelot.
“He wants to play in England. He likes the club, he likes the town, and he likes the fans.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 8 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
N’Daw was released by St-Etienne in the summer, having started his career with Sochaux in 2002, and has also represented Nantes and Real Zaragoza, as well as winning 39 caps for his country.