Poll/have your say: Will Ipswich Town go top of the table tonight?
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town will go top of the Championship table tonight with victory at lowly Brighton, a team who have yet to beat any of the sides in the top half of the division this season.
Town returned to winning ways at Millwall on Saturday, a fine 3-1 win, after two straight 1-0 defeats to promotion rivals Derby and to high-flying Premier League outfit Southampton in the FA Cup.
And they will be favourites to notch three points tonight at The Amex, with Brighton – who reached the play-offs last season – fighting for their lives under new boss, ex-Norwich chief Chris Hughton.
Win, and they’ll capitalise on Bournemouth’s shock defeat to Leeds last night to take a two-point lead at the top of the table.
A draw would be enough to see the Blues reclaim second place in the table from Middlesbrough, who beat Cardiff 2-1 last night.
So what do you think? Will Town be sitting pretty atop the table for the first time this season tonight? Or is an upset on the cards?
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo