POLL: Ipswich Town defender Christophe Berra picked for Scotland friendly against Poland
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town defender Christophe Berra has been named in Scotland’s squad for the Tartan Army’s friendly game against Poland, in Warsaw, on March 5.
The 29-year-old, who has been in outstanding form for the Blues this season, has 28 caps for his country.
The news comes just days after Terry Connor praised the former Wolves’ defender’s impact, prior to the home game with Blackpool.
“He’s playing very well ever since he broke into the side,” said Connor.
“He actually plays on the right side of centre-back and he’s left-footed, so he’s worked extremely hard on trying to improve on that right-hand side.
You may also want to watch:
“The gaffer’s picked him for every single game and he’s played every minute, which just tells you everything about him.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam