POLL: Michael Chopra signs for Blackpool – who should replace his image at the train station?
- Credit: Archant
Michael Chopra’s troubled time at Ipswich Town has come to an end today with the striker signing a one-year deal at Championship rivals Blackpool.
The EADT understands that the 29-year-old came to an agreement over a financial settlement over the remaining 12 months of his three-year at Portman Road.
Having seen a move to Barnsley fall through last week, Sheffield Wednesday boss Dave Jones – Chopra’s boss at former club Cardiff – declared his interest, but it is Paul Ince who has managed to do a deal.
Chopra – who scored 19 goals in 56 starts and 26 substitute appearances for the Blues – wrote on social networking website Twitter: “Would like to thank ipswich town football club and there fans for the support they have given me in the last 2 years.”
A huge image of Chopra currently occupies the space above the ticket office at Ipswich train station, with fans already debating as to whose image should replace it. Cast your vote here.
You may also want to watch:
- What do you think? Can Chopra be a 20-goal-a-season striker in the Championship again? Do the Blues need a replacement striker? Post a comment below.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 8 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 9 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 10 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket