POLL: Stephen Hunt would like to stay at Ipswich Town and is still targeting play-offs
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town midfielder Stephen Hunt would like to extend his stay at Portman Road.
The Republic of Ireland midfielder has spoken to the club in an interview that will published in Saturday’s matchday programme against Birmingham, and revealed he is targeting a longer deal.
“I’m very happy here at Ipswich and I love the area so, all being well, I can hopefully do enough to persuade the manager that I deserve a longer deal,” said Hunt.
“That’s the aim for me and if that happens, then I will get the family over here and settle in Suffolk.
“The short-term contract I first signed was really a case of ‘what if’ and it allowed the gaffer to have a look at me, and me to have a look at Ipswich and see if things could go further.
You may also want to watch:
“There weren’t any politics involved or anything like that and knowing him and TC from Wolves like I did, I knew he would be totally honest and straight down the line with me.
“Obviously I knew I had to prove myself to get into the team and thankfully I managed to get my foot in the door and I’ve done pretty well since I’ve been in.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 7 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 8 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
“Now the aim is to keep working hard until the end of the season and try and get the team into the play-offs. After that, then we can hopefully sort out a longer deal.”
Hunt has so far made 11 appearances for the Blues.