QPR move in for Bullard
QPR have made an official move to take Jimmy Bullard on loan next season, according to reports emanating from Humberside.
The Hull City playmaker this week said he would love to come back to Ipswich Town where he spent four fruitful months on loan last season – culminating in him winning the Supporters Player of the Year trophy.
But a financial package to end his nightmare spell with the Tigers remains a massive sticking point and with the player keen to test himself again in the Premier League, QPR are believed to be readying a move.
The Hull Daily Mail have this morning reported that the Premier League newcomers want to take Bullard on a season-long loan, but would have to pay the �45,000-a-week midfielder’s annual salary in full.
Hull City allowed Bullard to join Ipswich last season, while paying a high proportion of his wages, but it is believed they are not willing to entertain such a move again.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking exclusively to the EADT and Evening Star on Wednesday, Bullard admitted he would be happy to play for Ipswich or Hull next season, having begun pre-season training with the Tigers.
But he added: “If they (Hull) turn around and say they don’t want me to play for money reasons, then we’ll have to see what happens.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
QPR are yet to make a single new signing this summer as Neil Warnock’s men prepare for life back in the Premier Division.