Long-time Ipswich trialist signs for West Brom
- Credit: WBA
West Bromwich Albion have signed former Ipswich Town trialist Quevin Castro.
Castro, now 19, spent a significant period on trial with the Blues in 2019 and again in 2020, featuring in the Under 23 side on a regular basis, but ultimately didn’t sign a deal at Portman Road.
The midfielder, born in Portugal and previously with Thetford Town, has now signed a two-year contract at the Hawthorns.
He impressed during his time at Portman Road but revealed he had suitors from higher up the football pyramid, with West Ham and Leicester said to be keen on him.
But he will now begin his professional career in the Championship with the Baggies.
He has previously spent time with Sutton United.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay