REACTION: Carlos Edwards reflects on Ipswich Town victory
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich v Bolton: Carlos Edwards cut a delighted figure after his goal gave the Blues a vital three points in their battle against the drop.
Edwards pounced with two minutes left to play, following good play from Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, to move Town up to 17th in the league, prior to Derby’s game with Leicester, four points clear of the drop.
“I am delighted for the lads and obviously delighted for myself,” said Edwards, who scored his first goal since March 2011.
“I was surprised to find myself in that position and maybe that’s why I shanked the first effort!
“But the ball came back to me and I enjoyed celebrating with the fans, who were brilliant again today, just like they were against Leicester. I can’t speak highly enough of them.”
You may also want to watch:
Town’s latest victory saw them end another impressive run, with Bolton having come into the game on the back of five successive victories.
The Blues were the first team to stop Cardiff scoring on their home turf this season, while Burnley, Millwall and Nottingham Forest all came unstuck at Portman Road, following good runs.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 7 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 10 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
“We seem to play better against teams in the top half of the table,” said Edwards.
“We have just got to stay positive and keep focusing on earning maximum points in our home games.”
SIX pages of match action, reaction and interviews in Monday’s Ipswich Star