Ronan Murray faces internal disciplinary action for Under-21s red card
PAUL Jewell has confirmed that Ronan Murray will be disciplined for his “out of character” sending off during Town’s development squad match on Sunday.
The 21-year-old was given his marching orders after just 35 minutes of Sunday’s match against Brighton following an off-the-ball altercation with defender Theo Jones.
Jewell, who was scouting tonight’s opponents Wolves during their match with Leicester at the time, confirmed action would be taken.
The Blues boss said: “He has to be disciplined and he has to learn from it. It is out of character from Ronan.
“I spoke with him yesterday (on Monday) about it. It is not something we can condone and he will be dealt with, discipline-wise.
You may also want to watch:
“He is only young but it is not something anyone wants to see in football.”
Murray was an unused sub against Middlesbrough 24 hours before playing for Town’s Under-21s.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival