Match ratings: How the Ipswich players performed in the defeat at Rotherham
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town went down 1-0 at Rotherham today. MIKE BACON takes a look at how they performed.
Another composed performance from the Town No.1. It was good to see him playing the ball out in tight situations to debutant Elkan Baggott and trusting his young team-mate. Made a great save with his feet in the second period but had no chance with the goal. 7
Another solid display from a player who has been one of the players of Town's season. Strong in the tackle and working well with West Burns, but like many of his team-mates couldn't get forward much in the second period. 6
A nice controlled game from Woolfenden, who is as commanding in the air as he is on the ground. Enjoyed a super long run in the second period that would have been a glorious goal had he struck home, rather than laying it off. 8
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 5 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 6 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 7 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 8 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 9 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
- 10 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
Showed some very calm touches throughout. Wasn't afraid to want the ball, bearing in mind he was up against a strong and physical Rotherham attack. Can feel very satisfied with his debut, clearly one for the future. 7
Tricky and fast, Burns worked hard down the right-hand side, Created a glorious chance for James Norwood early on and never gave up with his running efforts. 6
Kept it neat and tidy in the middle of the park where he managed to find room. But didn't impose himself as much as he would have liked. 5
A quiet first half and, like Bakinson didn't really impose himself in the game as much as he would have liked. Kept his side going with encouragement, but it proved in vain 5.
Got caught out once or twice with balls over the top behind him, but made some good runs down the left and put in some wonderful throws. 5
Nice feet and some super touches from Aluko in the first half, but drifted out of things in the second. 5
Got frustrated at times with the Rotherham physicality and got the home fans venting their fury after pushing Ollie Rathbone over just before the break. Like Aluko showed some nice touches, but not enough of them. 5
Missed an early great chance and got frustrated at times. But Norwood battled hard throughout, giving as good as he got, but it wasn't to be his day. 5
Joe Pigott: Came on late, had little time to make an impression.
Macauley Bonne: Like Pigott, was brought on to try and pierce the home defence, but couldn't find a way through.
Conor Chaplin: Another late replacement and didn't have time to make an impression.