Saunders hits back at Jewell’s sharp practice
DONCASTER Rovers boss Dean Saunders has hit out at rival manager Paul Jewell of Ipswich.
Saunders repeated his hope that Billy Sharp will stay at his club yesterday and referred to Jewell’s public pursuit of his star striker.
Saunders said: “You should speak about your own players and that should be it. It’s not something I would do.”
Saunders reaction came following Jewell stating that Ipswich are interested in buying the 25-year-old striker, who has scored four goals in nine starts this term, and that they would activate a release clause in Sharp’s contract in January.
Saunders added: “I don’t want to lose Billy, he scores goals and that’s hard to come by.
You may also want to watch:
“I am hoping he will stay with us, he is looking sharper every day and looking as if he has a weight off his shoulders. Hopefully he keeps banging them in and we get in a good position.”
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 10 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing