Scott Loach future uncertain as Tom Heaton moves closer to Watford move
IPSWICH Town fan Scott Loach could be facing an uncertain future amid reports Tom Heaton is close to completing a switch to Watford.
The Watford Observer has today reported that the Hornets are set to sign Heaton – who has made no secret of the fact he left Cardiff City to pursue first team football.
What this means for Loach, or indeed Ipswich Town, remains to be seen.
The pursuit of Heaton suggests Sean Dyche is looking for a new number one leaving Loach to question his future at Vicarage Road.
Many Town fans would love to see Loach return to Portman Road with the former academy keeper admitting this week he was flattered by the links with Ipswich this summer.
You may also want to watch:
But he admitted he had no contact with Paul Jewell who continues to search high and low for a new number one next season.
The Observer reports that Watford are set to beat Ipswich and Bristol City for the signature of 26-year-old Heaton but the goalkeeper himself said he has had no discussions with Town.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay