Sheffield Wednesday boss reveals admiration for Michael Chopra
- Credit: PA WIRE
Sheffield Wednesday boss Dave Jones has revealed his admiration for Ipswich Town striker Michael Chopra but denied the Owls were on the verge of signing the 29-year-old
Jones worked with Chopra, who is understood to have held further talks with Barnsley today, at Cardiff and has been linked strongly with a swoop for the transfer-listed striker who is way down the pecking order at Portman Road.
But Jones, who is also chasing Swansea’s Leroy Lita told BBC Radio Sheffield: “If he’s available then it’s something that we’d consider. On his day he is a quality goalscorer.
“I know he’s had a lot of problems in the past couple of years and there’s plenty of questions that would need to be asked whoever took him.
“If there are quality players out there then I am sure we will be in the mix and I am sure there will be a lot of clubs looking at him (Chopra) if he is available.
You may also want to watch:
“I speak to him (Chopra) quite often just to see how his family are and he’ll do the same with me, if that leads to speculation I can’t do anything about that.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club