Six offered new Town contracts, three more to go
LIAM Trotter, who has impressed on loan at Millwall over the last few months, has been offered a new contract by Ipswich Town.
Midfielder Trotter’s current deal expires this summer.
Manager Roy Keane said: “Liam is due back after this weekend. I’d like to do something with him.
“We will be offering him a new contract for next season, but at the moment it’s a bit up in the air. I’m sure he will have other options.”
Left-Back Shane O’Connor, another whose current contract expires this summer, has been offered a two-year contract, while one-year deals have been offered to Reggie Lambe, Troy Brown, Jack Ainsley and Ian McLoughlin.
However, defender Pim Balkestein, like Richard Wright and David Wright, will not be at Portman Road next season. Devann Yao and Ed Upson will also not be kept on by Town boss Keane.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 4 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 9 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking