Smith set to sign for Colchester
TOMMY Smith is set to sign on loan for Colchester United today.
Ipswich Town defender Smith is poised to complete his move to the League One U’s for the rest of the season, although Town will have a 24-hour recall clause.
Smith goes away with New Zealand on international duty this weekend, but Town boss Paul Jewell wants his centre-half to get some first team action under his belt.
Smith has not played for Town since the 1-1 draw at Coventry on New Year’s Day. He has been an unused substitute in the last 17 games.
The 20-year-old has had previous loan spells at Stevenage and Brentford during his career.
You may also want to watch:
He is set to make his Colchester debut at Tranmere Rovers tomorrow, before joining up with the New Zealand squad for friendlies away in Japan and China over the next fortnight.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 7 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead