Sonko has only trained twice since signing
IBRAHIMA Sonko is set to start his third match for Ipswich Town against Coventry City – despite barely training since arriving at Portman Road.
Town boss Paul Jewell today admitted that Sonko had missed the bulk of training since completing his free transfer three weeks ago.
But it will not stop the Senegalese international from being thrust into the spotlight when the Sky cameras arrive in Suffolk on Monday night.
Jewell said: “Sonko has only trained once or twice since he has been here – and that is because he hasn’t had a pre-season.
“I think he deserves a lot of credit for almost wheeling himself out.”
You may also want to watch:
Ivar Ingimarsson could also come back into contention after completing 90 minutes of a training game while revealing Nathan Ellington was also in his thoughts after scoring a hat-trick on Wednesday.
Jewell is set to have a near-full squad to choose from with Lee Martin a notable exception as he completes the last of his three-match ban.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse