Stockdale calls on Town fans to support Chopra
IPSWICH Town keeper David Stockdale has come out in support of Michael Chopra after it was revealed the striker had spent three weeks in the Sporting Chance clinic battling his gambling addiction.
Blues boss Paul Jewell this morning admitted that Chopra had an “illness” but called on everyone connected with the club – from the fans to the local press – to get behind the frontman.
And that was echoed by Stockdale who tweeted: “Hope the Ipswich fans and all fans can support a player with an illness and help the guy!! Proud of him for standing up and getting help!!!
“That goes for every person in the world who had an illness/problem! There is always a way out and people who care and want to help!”
* For more on this breaking news story, see tomorrow’s EADT and Evening Star
You may also want to watch:
* Leave your messages of support to Chopra below
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 9 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree