Stockdale - I’m not going anywhere
IPSWICH Town loan keeper David Stockdale has rubbished rumours claiming he is ready to walk out on the Blues in the wake of yesterday’s humiliating 7-1 defeat by Peterborough.
Stockdale has conceded 12 goals in the last two matches but has been largely absolved of any blame by Town fans.
In fact, the Fulham keeper was arguably the only Ipswich player to walk away from London Road with any degree of credit following a string of fine saves which could have made the disaster even worse.
But just two weeks after he received his third call-up to an England squad, rumours surfaced last night that shell-shocked Stockdale might look to leave Portman Road and return to the Premier League club.
But in a rare moment of good news for long-suffering Blues fans, Stockdale tweeted this morning: “Rumours of me going back are rubbish.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a team game and I’m part of that team too! I don’t throw the towel in! Time to fight and stand.”
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic