TEAM NEWS: Andy Drury starts in place of Josh Carson against Blackpool
Blackpool v Ipswich: Paul Jewell has opted to make one change for this afternoon’s visit to early Championship league leaders Blackpool (3pm ko).
Andy Drury comes into the midfield following some decent cameos from the bench, with Josh Carson missing out.
Drury is likely to start on the left-hand-side of midfield, but perhaps offer more central assistance to young duo Massimo Luongo and Luke Hyam.
Carson starts on the bench with Jewell keeping faith with the same 18-man matchday squad for the third consecutive match, following Town’s impressive start to the season.
In addition, Byron Lawrence has travelled – the squad will remain up north until after Tuesday night’s Capital One Cup tie at Carlisle – and the 16-year-old could figure in that match.
Blackpool remain unchanged with Southampton target Matt Phillips continuing on the bench despite scoring the winner on Tuesday night against Leeds.
At 39 years old, Kevin Phillips will start his third match of the week and look to continue his amazing scoring run against Ipswich.
- 1 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 2 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 3 Fire crews spend eight hours tackling north Suffolk field blaze overnight
- 4 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 5 'It's a very exciting time for us' - Suffolk golf club plans submitted
- 6 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 7 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 8 McKenna delighted to see Town win game of 'aggressive chaos'
- 9 Stu says: Six observations following 1-0 win at Burton
- 10 5 fantastic village shops to visit in Suffolk
Ipswich: Loach; Edwards, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell; Luongo, Hyam; Emmanuel-Thomas, Martin, Drury, Chopra. Subs – Delaney, Lee-Barrett, Scotland, Stevenson, Carson, Murray, Ainsley.
Blackpool: Gilks; Eardley, Cathcart, Baptise, Crainey; Osbourne, Angel, Gomes; Taylor-Fletcher, K Phillips, Ince. Subs – Evatt, M Phillips, Sylvestre, Ferguson, Nougera, Halstead, Dicko.