TEAM NEWS: Andy Drury starts in place of Josh Carson against Blackpool
Blackpool v Ipswich: Paul Jewell has opted to make one change for this afternoon’s visit to early Championship league leaders Blackpool (3pm ko).
Andy Drury comes into the midfield following some decent cameos from the bench, with Josh Carson missing out.
Drury is likely to start on the left-hand-side of midfield, but perhaps offer more central assistance to young duo Massimo Luongo and Luke Hyam.
Carson starts on the bench with Jewell keeping faith with the same 18-man matchday squad for the third consecutive match, following Town’s impressive start to the season.
In addition, Byron Lawrence has travelled – the squad will remain up north until after Tuesday night’s Capital One Cup tie at Carlisle – and the 16-year-old could figure in that match.
You may also want to watch:
Blackpool remain unchanged with Southampton target Matt Phillips continuing on the bench despite scoring the winner on Tuesday night against Leeds.
At 39 years old, Kevin Phillips will start his third match of the week and look to continue his amazing scoring run against Ipswich.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
Ipswich: Loach; Edwards, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell; Luongo, Hyam; Emmanuel-Thomas, Martin, Drury, Chopra. Subs – Delaney, Lee-Barrett, Scotland, Stevenson, Carson, Murray, Ainsley.
Blackpool: Gilks; Eardley, Cathcart, Baptise, Crainey; Osbourne, Angel, Gomes; Taylor-Fletcher, K Phillips, Ince. Subs – Evatt, M Phillips, Sylvestre, Ferguson, Nougera, Halstead, Dicko.