TEAM NEWS: Ipswich Town skipper Carlos Edwards a doubt for Nottingham Forest trip
- Credit: Archant
Forest v Ipswich: IPSWICH Town skipper Carlos Edwards is a injury doubt for tomorrow’s Championship match at Nottingham Forest.
Blues boss Mick McCarthy revealed: “Carlos is a bit of a doubt. He’s got a bit of a sore groin area, it’s a bit inflamed, and he’s a doubt for tomorrow.”
That could put Jay Emmanuel-Thomas in line for his first league start since October 23 – Paul Jewell’s last game in charge – after his return to action in Saturday’s 1-0 home win over Leicester.
The winger had been out of the squad for eight matches, with McCarthy feeling the 22-year-old did not fit into the hard-working and disciplined ethos he demanded from his players.
However, the ex-Arsenal man has since earned praise from his boss for getting his head down in training and came on for the last 10 minutes at the weekend, producing a crucial block in stoppage-time.
Town will be without the scorer of Saturday’s late winner, David McGoldrick, due to the fact the striker is ineligible to play against parent club Nottingham Forest as part of his loan deal.
Daryl Murphy is likely to replace him following his impressive substitute display at the weekend, while Frank Nouble and Araon Mclean are also in contention.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 4 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 7 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 8 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 9 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 10 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons
Last week, McCarthy said he may have to look at rotating his side during a run of three games in a week – the Blues travelling to Peterborough on Saturday – but he says his squad remain in good shape.
He said: “They are a remarkable bunch in terms of a fitness. Every week the stats are high in terms of their energy, the distances covered. They’re fine.”
– See tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star for full match preview.