TEAM NEWS: Ipswich Town unchanged for Barnsley visit
Ipswich v Barnsley: MICK McCarthy has named an unchanged side for this afternoon’s home match against Barnsley in the Championship following on from an impressive goalless draw at table-toppers Cardiff.
Loanee right-back Bradley Orr – who looks like he will be recalled by parent club Blackburn Rovers following next weekend’s match at Bristol City – retains his place, as do new striker duo David McGoldrick and Aaron Mclean.
Second-from-bottom Barnsley have recorded back-to-back home wins – 1-0 against Burnley (FA Cup) and 2-0 against Leeds – with caretaker boss David Flitcroft being given the job permanently this week as a result..
The new Tykes boss has been dealt a double injury blow though, with defender Jim McNulty and midfielder Jim O’Brien both missing out. They have been replaced by Stephen Foster and Jacob Mellis respectively
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Loach; Orr, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell; Edwards (cpt), N’Daw, Hyam, Martin; Mclean, McGoldrick.
Subs: Lee-Barrett, Hewitt, Kisnorbo, Drury, Chopra, Murphy, Nouble.
BARNSLEY (5-3-2): Steele; Stones, Foster, Cranie, Kennedy, Golbourne; Dawson, Perkins, Mellis; Dagnall, Harewood.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 4 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 7 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 8 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
Subs: Alnwick, Hassell, Done, Etuhu, Wiseman, Cywka, Rose.
Referee: Nigel Miller