TEAM NEWS: Jason Scotland “straining at the leash” to start against Watford
Watford v Ipswich: Paul Jewell has a fully-fit squad to choose from as he looks to become the first Blues boss in 16 matches to taste victory over Watford.
The entire first-team squad came through Saturday’s opener against Blackburn amid temperatures of 30-degrees celsius.
Assistant boss Chris Hutchings today revealed that some of his side suffered up to 4lbs weight loss following the sweltering weather.
But that has been carefully managed and there were no ill-effects when the squad reported for a light training session this morning.
Andy Drury has fully recovered from his hip injury while Jason Scotland will also be hoping to get the nod after impressing as a second half substitute against Rovers.
You may also want to watch:
Hutchings revealed: “Jason is straining at the leash to start against Watford and Andy Drury is in our thoughts.
“But over the last three or four games, the rest of the boys have done very well. We have had a little bit of a settled side – the nucleaus is there.”
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk