TEAM NEWS: Luke Hyam and Massimo Luongo start in Ipswich midfield at Southend
PAUL Jewell has named a near-full strength side for tonight’s friendly at Southend (7.45pm ko).
With just Lee Martin (thigh) missing, Jewell has opted for a probable 4-2-3-1 formation which sees Massimo Luongo and Luke Hyam both start in the holding midfield role.
Andy Drury is expected to feature just in front of that duo with Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Josh Carson supporting Michael Chopra from wide positions.
Cheick Kourouma, Jimmy Bullard and Ronan Murray are among an eight-man bench.
For Southend, Kane Ferdinand and Ryan Hall, who have both been mentioned in connection with Ipswich in the past, both start while new signing and fans favourite Freddie Eastwood is on the bench.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich: Loach, Edwards, Chambers, Delaney, Cresswell, Luongo, Hyam, Emmanuel-Thomas, Drury, Carson, Chopra. Subs – Lee-Barrett, Bullard, Ainsley, Stevenson, Scotland, Murray, Kourouma, Whight
Southend: Bentley, Clohessy, Straker, Ferdinand, Cresswell, Phillips, Hall, Leonard, Harris, Tomlin, Hurst. Subs – Barker, Prosser, Brogan, Martin, Benyon, Eastwood.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field
- 9 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again