TEAM NEWS: Paul Anderson and Stephen Hunt return to Ipswich Town starting XI for match at Huddersfield
Huddersfield v Ipswich: Blues boss Mick McCarthy has reinstated Paul Anderson and Stephen Hunt to his starting line-up for tonight’s Championship match at Huddersfield Town.
Following Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at Blackburn, Frank Nouble and Anthony Wordsworth have dropped to the bench and have been replaced by Anderson and Hunt – McCarthy reverting to the team which started the 1-1 home draw against Nottingham Forest.
Manchester City loanee Alex Henshall, a direct-running left-winger, is on the bench for the first time. Paul Green and Jay Tabb drop out of the squad.
– Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates.
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN (4-5-1): Smithies; Dixon, Lynch, Smith, Gerrard; Ward, Gobern, Norwood, Clayton, Hammill; Wells.
Subs: Bennett, Woods, Clarke, Hogg, Scannell, Holmes, Bunn.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-1-1): Gerken; Cham,bers (cpt), Berra, Smith, Cresswell; Anderson, Skuse, Hyam, Hunt; Williams; Murphy.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 7 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 8 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
- 10 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
Subs: Loach, Mings, Richardson, Wordsworth, Henshall, Ebanks-Blake, Nouble.
Referee: Mr M Brown