Team news: Ryan Fraser fit to start as Kevin Bru and Tommy Oar return for Ipswich at Fulham
Ryan Fraser is fit to start after returning from a knee injury while Tommy Oar and Kevin Bru return to the Ipswich squad for tomorrow’s trip to Fulham.
The Scottish winger was back in the Town squad at Milton Keynes on Saturday but didn’t make it off the bench in the 1-0 win, although McCarthy insisted he is fit to start games if needed after recovering from knee trouble.
However, with the Blues on a run of three straight away wins, the Ipswich boss hinted the Bournemouth loanee may have to make do with a place on the bench once again.
“He’s ready to start a game, no question,” McCarthy said.
“Watching him, he’s been terrific in training over the last few days.
You may also want to watch:
“Complete 90 minutes? That’s another thing altogether but he can start, he’s sharp and strong enough and completely injury free.
“He’s trained brilliantly. But I’ve just spoken to him and said ‘Look, we’ve been playing well and winning’ and he understands. He’s back and he’s ready to go. If I need him, he can play.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 4 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
McCarthy will also have Oar and Bru available once again, following knee and hamstring trouble respectively, while Teddy Bishop is back in full training as he works towards a return.
“Kevin Bru’s travelling and Tommy Oar’s travelling, which is great,” he said.
“Bish is training, he’s had no complaints about anything which is great, but it’s good to have the other two lads back.”
Larsen Toure remains sidelined with a groin problem.