Team news: Ryan Fraser fit to start as Kevin Bru and Tommy Oar return for Ipswich at Fulham
Ryan Fraser is fit to start after returning from a knee injury while Tommy Oar and Kevin Bru return to the Ipswich squad for tomorrow’s trip to Fulham.
The Scottish winger was back in the Town squad at Milton Keynes on Saturday but didn’t make it off the bench in the 1-0 win, although McCarthy insisted he is fit to start games if needed after recovering from knee trouble.
However, with the Blues on a run of three straight away wins, the Ipswich boss hinted the Bournemouth loanee may have to make do with a place on the bench once again.
“He’s ready to start a game, no question,” McCarthy said.
“Watching him, he’s been terrific in training over the last few days.
“Complete 90 minutes? That’s another thing altogether but he can start, he’s sharp and strong enough and completely injury free.
“He’s trained brilliantly. But I’ve just spoken to him and said ‘Look, we’ve been playing well and winning’ and he understands. He’s back and he’s ready to go. If I need him, he can play.”
- 1 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 2 Plans for former Dorothy Perkins store in Suffolk town withdrawn
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations from Ipswich Town's win at Forest Green
- 4 Top food event set to provide showcase for more than 100 Suffolk producers
- 5 Driver caught speeding at 94mph in 50 zone on A140 in mid Suffolk
- 6 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 7 'A top team for League One' - Forest Green boss praises Town
- 8 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 9 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 10 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
McCarthy will also have Oar and Bru available once again, following knee and hamstring trouble respectively, while Teddy Bishop is back in full training as he works towards a return.
“Kevin Bru’s travelling and Tommy Oar’s travelling, which is great,” he said.
“Bish is training, he’s had no complaints about anything which is great, but it’s good to have the other two lads back.”
Larsen Toure remains sidelined with a groin problem.