Teddy Bishop keeping his feet on the ground at Ipswich Town
Ipswich Town starlet Teddy Bishop is keen not to get carried away after making his Football League debut in the 1-1 draw at Derby, before the international break.
Bishop played 67 minuntes at the i-Pro Stadium before being replaced by Alex Henshall but earned praise for his display.
“It was good to be involved at Derby and I felt I did okay, once the first 20 minutes or so went by and I managed to get a few touches, I felt more at ease,” Bishop said.
“Obviously Derby are a very good side but I thought we more than matched them and on another day we could have taken all three points.
“On a personal level it was fantastic to feature but it’s massively important that I keep my feet on the ground and I can’t go round thinking that I’ve made it.
You may also want to watch:
“The hard work starts here and whilst it’s nice to have been involved in the first-team, I know there is a long way to go yet and it’s up to me to keep progressing and try and show the manager what I can do.
“The manager and TC have been brilliant with me, as have all the lads and they have helped me and the younger lads such as (Matt) Clarkey and Darren McQueen feel part of the group.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket