Teddy Bishop keeping his feet on the ground at Ipswich Town
Ipswich Town starlet Teddy Bishop is keen not to get carried away after making his Football League debut in the 1-1 draw at Derby, before the international break.
Bishop played 67 minuntes at the i-Pro Stadium before being replaced by Alex Henshall but earned praise for his display.
“It was good to be involved at Derby and I felt I did okay, once the first 20 minutes or so went by and I managed to get a few touches, I felt more at ease,” Bishop said.
“Obviously Derby are a very good side but I thought we more than matched them and on another day we could have taken all three points.
“On a personal level it was fantastic to feature but it’s massively important that I keep my feet on the ground and I can’t go round thinking that I’ve made it.
“The hard work starts here and whilst it’s nice to have been involved in the first-team, I know there is a long way to go yet and it’s up to me to keep progressing and try and show the manager what I can do.
“The manager and TC have been brilliant with me, as have all the lads and they have helped me and the younger lads such as (Matt) Clarkey and Darren McQueen feel part of the group.”
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 6 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 7 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
- 8 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park