That win was coming says Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
TWO-goal Town hero Jay Emmanuel-Thomas believes an Ipswich win was coming – even if the 5-1 victory over league leaders West Ham caught everyone by surprise.
The former Arsenal man produced his best performance in an Ipswich shirt with two second half goals to cap a memorable night for the Blues.
And Emmanuel-Thomas said recent improved showings against Blackpool and Leeds had given confidence to the dressing room.
He explained: “It was a great performance from the boys and I think it has been coming for a long time.
“We have played well recently but trying not to concede was always the problem. Today we only conceded one, but ended up scoring five which was brilliant.”
You may also want to watch:
And Emmanuel-Thomas – whose double followed first half goals from Michael Chopra, Daryl Murphy and a penalty from Lee Martin – paid special tribute to his defensive team mates who have come under fire this season.
He added: “The defence was great. (West Ham striker) Carlton Cole is difficult to handle and they did a really good job.”
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight