‘The best yet’ – Daryl Murphy hails Ipswich Town win
IPSWICH TOWN hero Daryl Murphy hailed the Blues’ 3-0 victory over in-form Millwall, describing it as the best team performance he has been involved in this season.
Murphy scored Town’s second goal and played a part in both DJ Campbell strikes, starting the move that led to the opener and then winning the penalty that the on-loan QPR striker despatched for the third.
Town went in a goal to the good at half-time, having put in an impressive first-half shift, yet were indebted to goalkeeper Stephen Henderson who pulled off three stunning saves as the game went from end-to-end in the opening 45 minutes.
Murphy’s goal though, soon after half-time, tamed the Lions and Mick McCarthy’s men ran out comfortable winners, ending the Londoners’ 13-game unbeaten run in the process.
“That was brilliant, we scored three goals and kept a clean sheet so we are very happy,” said Murphy, who now has four goals for the season.
You may also want to watch:
“The performance was definitely the best that I have been involved in this season, we had a good shape and Stephen Henderson was excellent.
“He pulled off two or three saves in the first-half and that quality ran right through the team. Everyone was on top of their game.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
“It was great for the fans too. They have been in their rights to boo us at times this season so they deserve what they got today.
“That performance has been coming for a while.”