‘The best yet’ – Daryl Murphy hails Ipswich Town win
IPSWICH TOWN hero Daryl Murphy hailed the Blues’ 3-0 victory over in-form Millwall, describing it as the best team performance he has been involved in this season.
Murphy scored Town’s second goal and played a part in both DJ Campbell strikes, starting the move that led to the opener and then winning the penalty that the on-loan QPR striker despatched for the third.
Town went in a goal to the good at half-time, having put in an impressive first-half shift, yet were indebted to goalkeeper Stephen Henderson who pulled off three stunning saves as the game went from end-to-end in the opening 45 minutes.
Murphy’s goal though, soon after half-time, tamed the Lions and Mick McCarthy’s men ran out comfortable winners, ending the Londoners’ 13-game unbeaten run in the process.
“That was brilliant, we scored three goals and kept a clean sheet so we are very happy,” said Murphy, who now has four goals for the season.
“The performance was definitely the best that I have been involved in this season, we had a good shape and Stephen Henderson was excellent.
“He pulled off two or three saves in the first-half and that quality ran right through the team. Everyone was on top of their game.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 5 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-0 Bolton loss
- 10 McKenna on Walton, Bonne and signing a new defender after Nsiala exit
“It was great for the fans too. They have been in their rights to boo us at times this season so they deserve what they got today.
“That performance has been coming for a while.”