Tom Adeyemi to pick Ipswich Town over Norwich City, set to sign today
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tom Adeyemi is set to choose Ipswich Town over rivals Norwich City, and is on the verge of signing today.
Midfielder Adeyemi starred for Rotherham last season as the Millers were relegated from the Championship, scoring seven league and cup goals in 30 games.
Both Town and Norwich have been linked with the player, who started his career at the Canaries, and is available on a free transfer from Cardiff.
Earlier this week, Rotherham boss Paul Warne said the midfielder, whom he’d offered a deal to, was to pick between the East Anglian rivals.
He explained: “I offered him a brilliant deal. He wants to stay in the Championship. He’s hoping to get it sorted this week.
You may also want to watch:
“I reckon he will be going to Norwich or Ipswich. I’d still take him if I could. He brings goals to the team.”
Blues boss Mick McCarthy refused to be drawn on the 25-year-old, who has also played for Championship rivals Leeds, Brentford and Birmingham, when quizzed about Ipswich’s link with the midfielder, at Monday’s pre-season press call.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
If Adeyemi does sign, he’ll join £1m striker Joe Garner, defender Jordan Spence and prized midfield target Emyr Huws as new faces at the Blues.
Young Manchester City winger Bersant Celina is also set to sign on loan in the coming days and weeks.