Total paid to agents by Ipswich Town is revealed
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town paid over £550,000 in agents fees between July 1 2012 and June 30 this year.
The Blues’ total outlay was £551,878 according to a Football League report released today.
During that period, Town signed 22 new players and updated the contracts of four existing squad members, while cancelling the deals of eight others.
Significantly, the Blues were busy in the loan market, making 17 swoops during that period as they battled against relegation from the Championship. Only Crystal Palace, promted to the Premier League in May, had more (18).
The big spenders were Blackburn Rovers who, in their unsuccessful attempt to bounce back to the top-flight at the first attempt, paid over £3.5m in agents fees. At the other end of the scale, Blackpool did not pay any agents fees.
You may also want to watch:
The payments disclosed do not include any contingent payments based on future events, e.g promotion, retention of divisional status, player appearances, etc.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo