Town defender set for Seagulls
MATT Richards has agreed to join League One side Brighton on loan.Richards will join fellow midfielder George O'Callaghan, who has already been hailed a success at the Seagulls, for an initial one-month stint at the Withdean Stadium.
By Derek Davis
MATT Richards has agreed to join League One side Brighton on loan.
Richards will join fellow midfielder George O'Callaghan, who has already been hailed a success at the Seagulls, for an initial one-month stint at the Withdean Stadium.
The 22-year-old left-sided player is expected to join up with Brighton on Friday and make his debut against Yeovil, complete with former Town strikers Marcus Stewart and Darryl Knights, on Saturday.
He will link up with old Blues team-mate striker Nicky Forster is also with Albion.
Blues boss Jim Magilton said: “Matt needs to be playing first team football and he is not getting that here at the moment.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 10 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
“Brighton will provide him with that opportunity.”
Brighton boss Dean Wilkins is also still keen to take Dean Bowditch back on loan but the two clubs will wait until the striker is in full flow after his lengthy lay off before returning.