Ipswich Town Ladies make it eight unbeaten with draw at MK Dons
- Credit: Archant
FA Premier League South East Division One MK Dons 2 Ipswich Town Ladies 2 Ipswich Town made it eight games unbeaten as they twice came from behind to earn a point against MK Dons thanks to goals from Sophie Welton and Jade Henry as the match ended 2-2.
In a highly anticipated fixture this game didn’t disappoint as second vs fourth in the league put on a exciting clash at Newport Pagnell.
The home side threatened early on, having the better chances in the first 10 minutes, and took the lead in the 14th minute when Charly Wright swung in a corner which found the head of Charley Clarke to give the host the lead.
But the Blues immediately got themselves level from a corner as captain Amanda Crump swung in a cross which was headed on powerfully towards goal from the leaping Natasha Thomas.
The ball was controlled well by Welton, who fired home to make it 1-1.
You may also want to watch:
The home side didn’t take long to get back in the lead though as Amelia Hazard scored to make it 2-1 going into half-time.
Ralph Pruden’s side got their equaliser in the second half as sub Henry was put through on goal by Crump and the forward beat her defender and slotted the ball into the net to score her third goal of the season.
- 1 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 7 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
The Blues had the chance to win it at the end but MK Dons stood firm to share the points with Town in a game which the ladies will come out pleased with a draw as they were given a good game by a decent MK Dons team.
After this result Town fall down to fifth in the league, seven points behind league leaders AFC Wimbledon, but the Blues have one game in hand on the teams above them. Next up for Ipswich is the SSE FA Cup Second Round Proper game against league rivals Stevenage, who Town beat earlier in the season 1-0. The game is being played at Hertford Town FC on Sunday, kicking off at 2pm.
Town XI: Fagg (GK), Pannifer, Petley, Cooper, Cage (B Welton), S Welton (Moore), Crump (C), Arnoup, Cossey, Thomas, Downey (Henry).