Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues to sign Waterford striker Aaron Drinan
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town are set to sign young Waterford striker Aaron Drinan, it has been reported in Ireland.
Drinan, 19, was at Portman Road in August and returned this week, with boss Mick McCarthy apparently impressed enough to fork out a five-figure sum for the young striker.
Drinan would not be eligible to play for the Blues until January if he were to move.
It is claimed that John Martin, 18, could also be on his way to Portman Road.
Of Drinan, Waterford director of football Pat Fenlon said: “He is a raw talent with a lot of potential. He is a strong, aggressive, quick striker who can play in a number of positions.
You may also want to watch:
“John has been over once already and they want another look so we’ll see but we are much further along the road with Aaron so it should happen in the next day or two.”
Waterford, of course, is where Daryl Murphy started his career before signing for Sunderland back in 2005.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week