Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues to sign Waterford striker Aaron Drinan
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town are set to sign young Waterford striker Aaron Drinan, it has been reported in Ireland.
Drinan, 19, was at Portman Road in August and returned this week, with boss Mick McCarthy apparently impressed enough to fork out a five-figure sum for the young striker.
Drinan would not be eligible to play for the Blues until January if he were to move.
It is claimed that John Martin, 18, could also be on his way to Portman Road.
Of Drinan, Waterford director of football Pat Fenlon said: “He is a raw talent with a lot of potential. He is a strong, aggressive, quick striker who can play in a number of positions.
“John has been over once already and they want another look so we’ll see but we are much further along the road with Aaron so it should happen in the next day or two.”
Waterford, of course, is where Daryl Murphy started his career before signing for Sunderland back in 2005.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival