Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller - stephenw
Ipswich Town have rejected a bid from Charlton Athletic for midfielder Scott Fraser.
The Scot, one of the Blues 19 summer signings, has yet to feature under new boss Kieran McKenna and has attracted interest from elsewhere.
We understand the Blues have rejected an offer from the Addicks, with the offer lower than the £400,000 figure first reported by the Daily Record in Scotland.
Swansea City, managed by Fraser’s former MK Dons boss Russell Martin, have also shown interest.
While Fraser has not featured as often as he would have liked, since joining from MK Dons in the summer, the creative midfielder is not a player the Blues are actively looking to move on before Monday’s 11pm transfer deadline.
Speaking yesterday, manager Kieran McKenna said of Fraser’s situation: “The club haven’t come to me with anything concrete on that one, and those calls are directed towards the club.
“As far as I’m concerned he’s part of the planning. He’s not been able to get on the pitch during my time here so far but it’s only been five weeks or so. He’s had a little injury in that time and we’ve had games called off by Covid, too.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 9 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 10 Inquest opened into human remains found by Suffolk river
“I know all about Scott’s quality because I’ve watched lots of him for Burton and at MK Dons, so he’s certainly a player who has quality to impact at this level and one who can contribute if he gets the opportunity.”
Fraser has made 20 appearances for Town this season, with his only goal coming on his debut during the opening-day draw with Morecambe.
Meanwhile, it's understood Ipswich Town are not making a move for Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete.
Matete, who impressed for Fleetwood at Portman Road earlier in the season, is reported to be subject of a £650,000 bid from the Blues, according to Sky Sports.
However, while the midfielder is a player the Blues considered earlier in the transfer window, it's understood Town are not making a move prior to Monday night's deadline.
Matete has six months remaining on his Fleetwood deal and could potentially leave the Highbury club before the window closes.