Town target Danns opts for Leicester
NEIL Danns, a midfield target for Ipswich Town, is set to sign for Leicester City.
The 28-year-old free transfer was said to have been one of many options Paul Jewell was looking at as the Blues boss looks for a replacement for last season’s skipper David Norris.
But it seems Championship rivals Leicester City are set to win the race for the sought-after former Crystal Palace man with reports that Danns is due in the East Midlands for a medical.
The Foxes have also had a bid for Peterborough striker Craig Mackail-Smith accepted as they look to make an assault on the top of the Championship next season.
While Town would not discuss any speculation, in keeping with club policy, it is believed Danns, a former Colchester United player, was on the Blues’ radar.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as another rumoured Town target, former Leeds midfielder Neil Kilkenny, signed for Bristol City on Friday.
While three new signings before pre-season represents good business, and raises excitement among Town supporters, a lack of central midfield options remains a key priority for Jewell.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks