Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues eye up midfielder and goalkeeper in double move
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town are said to be targeting two more players ahead of the new season - a central midfielder and a goalkeeper.
Oxford United's Mark Sykes, 23, who plays in central midfield is, according to The Sun on Sunday, attracting Town's interest.
Belfast-born Sykes joined Oxford from Glenavon in January 2019 and since then has made 66 starts and 26 sub appearances, scoring three times, helping the U's into the League One play-offs in both seasons.
The report claims the Belfast-born schemer is out of contract this summer, however, Oxford triggered a one-year option on his deal at the end of April.
Also attracting Town's interest is Dundee United keeper Benjamin Siegrist
However, the Blues reported interest in Siegrist is, also according to The Sun on Sunday, being frustrated by the 29-year-old waiting to see whether Celtic firm up their interest.
Siegrist, who is out of contract this summer, has been linked with Celtic, who are currently managerless, since January.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 10 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul