TRANSFER LATEST: Bilel Mohsni set to join Ipswich Town on a three-month loan deal
SOUTHEND United centre-back Bilel Mohsni is back training with Ipswich Town, with the Frenchman claiming he is set to sign a three-month loan deal tomorrow.
The 25-year-old wants away from his League Two employers, with the Essex club allowing him to go out on several trials in recent weeks.
The 6ft 3in player impressed during a pre-season spell at newly-promoted Premier League side West Ham, but a move fell through after the Shrimpers rejected a bid reported to be in the region of �150,000.
He then spent a week on trial with the Blues last month, scoring one and setting another up in a 6-0 reserve team game against Cardiff at Playford Road. Town manager Paul Jewell wanted to extend the trial, but Mohsni rejected the chance and instead went to Championship rivals Birmingham City.
The Paris-born player is now back training at Playford Road though, with the Southend Echo reporting that he expects to sign a three-month loan deal in the coming days.
“I expect to sign for Ipswich tomorrow and it will be a three month deal,” said Mohsni.
“I came back in to train today and they put me through a fitness test on my own to make sure I’m fit enough to play.
- 1 Victorian water tower set to become restaurant
- 2 'There are qualities we want to add' - McKenna on Town transfer targets
- 3 Landlord fined £23k over 'dangerous' electrics and broken toilets at homes
- 4 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 5 West Suffolk pig farmer reluctantly decides to sell herd after torrid year
- 6 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 7 A-Level results: Joy for students across Suffolk
- 8 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 9 Red Arrows set to soar over Suffolk this weekend
- 10 'Delight' as Farlingaye students achieve 99% pass rate
“I’m really pleased that everything is close to being sorted and Ipswich are a good club in the Championship so I’m happy to come here.”