TRANSFER LATEST: Eldin Jakupovic signs for Hull City days after starting trial with Ipswich Town
HULL City have gazumped Ipswich Town to the signing of Eldin Jakupovic.
The one-cap Swiss international started a one-week trial with Ipswich on Thursday.
But Hull have today announced the signing of the 27-year-old stopper on a two-year deal with the keeper joining up with his new team mates on their pre-season training base in Portugal.
As Jewell continues to struggle to nail down a potential number one for next season, Hull have also signed Manchester United keeper Ben Amos on a season-long loan.
While the Amos and Town links have only been speculation, the 22-year-old seems like someone Jewell might have looked at if he went into the loan market to secure a new keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Both clubs have been fishing in the same waters this summer with Steve Bruce, like Jewell, linked with moves for Tomasz Kuszczak and Brad Guzan who have joined Brighton and rejoined Aston Villa respectively.
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more