TRANSFER LATEST: George Boyd talks with Ipswich Town back on
PAUL Jewell has not given up on his hopes of making a double swoop on East Anglian rivals Peterborough United – with George Boyd contract negotiations back on.
After Paul Taylor signed on the dotted line last night, his former Posh team-mate George Boyd, 26, appeared to be seeing his own move to Portman Road slipping away.
But less than 15 hours after being informed the deal was all but dead, this website has been told that the Boyd talks have resumed.
We understand the player is keen on a move to Ipswich though his wages at London are said to be significantly higher than Taylor’s.
The duo both passed a medical at Ipswich on Wednesday and with a fee agreed, the only stumbling block for Boyd is his personal terms.
You may also want to watch:
Jewell has until noon today to secure the signing in time for Boyd to make his debut against Huddersfield tomorrow night.
Though the Town boss won’t feel compelled to rush through a deal – as long as it is made before tonight’s 11pm deadline.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 8 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 9 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 10 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car