TRANSFER LATEST: Ipswich Town keeping tight-lipped on new signings – including Celtic’s Kelvin Wilson
CHRIS Hutchings has refused to comment on overnight speculation linking the Blues with Celtic centre-back Kelvin Wilson.
Ipswich Town’s number two admitted there was no new news on Paul Jewell’s bid to bring in more new faces ahead of the Championship kick-off on August 18.
But speaking after today’s impressive 3-1 win over West Ham in the club’s penultimate friendly, Hutchings has urged the current squad to convince the management that changes should be kept to a minimum.
National reports overnight suggested former Nottingham Forest defender Wilson could be on Jewell’s radar with a fourth centre-back still wanted by the Blues boss.
But with the 26-year-old a second half sub for Celtic today in their own season-opener, along with former Town loanee Daryl Murphy, Hutchings was keeping tight-lipped.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “There is not any news at this moment. We are always looking, we want to strengthen and we are doing our best to do that.
“The players know that as well, that should be a tonic to them to try and kick on. If they start in the side, they need to keep the shirt.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injuries at department store
- 6 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
“We are interested in a number of players and it is unfair to talk about players who are at other clubs at this moment in time.
“We don’t want to unsettle them. You just have to watch this space and if it happens, then it happens.”