TRANSFER LATEST: Ipswich Town will not offer Kevin Pezzoni a permanent deal
IPSWICH Town will not offer recent German triallist Kevin Pezzoni a permanent deal at the club, the Green’Un understands.
The 6ft 5in centre-back spent three days on trial with the Blues last week having been released by recently-relegated Bundesliga club FC K�ln this summer.
Paul Jewell said he had spoken to the player’s father and was planning on speaking to his agent during his Thursday press conference last week. He then refused to comment further on the situation following Saturday’s 2-0 loss at Middlesbrough.
The Blues boss is due to speak to the press tomorrow lunchtime ahead of Wednesday night’s visit of Wolves to Portman Road. And the Green’Un understands that he will confirm that the 23-year-old defender did not do enough during his three training sessions to earn the offer of a permanent deal.
Meanwhile, recent Blues triallist Bilel Mohsni is understood to now be training with Birmingham. The 6ft 3in Frenchman – who wants away from League Two employers Southend United – rejected the chance of an extended trial with Town.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich continue to have just two centre-backs in their ranks in the form of Luke Chambers and Tommy Smith, with Jewell confirming that inexperienced right-back Jack Ainsley is the current back-up option.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 8 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car