TRANSFER LATEST: Jewell refuses to comment on mounting Maurice Edu speculation
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell refused to comment on mounting speculation that Rangers and USA midfielder Maurice Edu is closing in on a move to the Blues.
Town are understood to have held talks with the 26-year-old regarding a move to Portman Road.
However, speaking ahead of tomorrow night’s Capital One Cup game against League Two side Bristol Rovers at Portman Road, Jewell was remaining tight-lipped.
He said: “I’m very reluctant to speak about names. I don’t think it’s fair. He’s a Rangers player. I wouldn’t like managers talking about my players, so I don’t think it’s the right and proper way to do it.
“You can speculate, and I’m not going to give you a bum steer here, but it’s not right for me to comment on players who are under contract.”
You may also want to watch:
– See tomorrow’s EADT to read Paul Jewell’s thoughts on the prospect of landing a new signing before his side’s Championship opener against Blackburn on Saturday.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 6 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 9 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 10 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car