TRANSFER LATEST: Paul Jewell eyes move for Wolves defender George Elokobi as Sean St Ledger linked again
GEORGE Elokobi is the man wanted by Paul Jewell to replace Damien Delaney.
The left-sided Wolves defender, who started his career at Colchester United, has fallen down the pecking order at Molineux under new boss Stale Solbakken.
The 26-year-old 6ft powerhouse defender, largely a left-back but who can also play in the centre, has not started a single game for Wolves this season having spent half of last year on loan at Nottingham Forest.
In 2010/11, he made 32 appearances as Wolves stayed up in the Premier League.
With Damien Delaney’s exit confirmed by the club this afternoon, Jewell is desperately looking to improve the centre of his defence with just Luke Chambers and Tommy Smith the current options.
You may also want to watch:
We understand a stumbling block could be the terms of the deal with Wolves wanting to sell the defender and Blues boss Paul Jewell eyeing a loan deal.
Ex-Rangers centre-back Kirk Broadfoot and Sean St Ledger, who Jewell almost signed in January, have also been linked today.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 6 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
St Ledger has only been involved once for Leicester City this season – in Tuesday’s disappointing Capital One Cup defeat by Burton Albion – and reports suggest Town are interested with a loan move with a view to a permanent deal.