TRANSFER LATEST: Paul Jewell eyes move for Wolves defender George Elokobi as Sean St Ledger linked again
GEORGE Elokobi is the man wanted by Paul Jewell to replace Damien Delaney.
The left-sided Wolves defender, who started his career at Colchester United, has fallen down the pecking order at Molineux under new boss Stale Solbakken.
The 26-year-old 6ft powerhouse defender, largely a left-back but who can also play in the centre, has not started a single game for Wolves this season having spent half of last year on loan at Nottingham Forest.
In 2010/11, he made 32 appearances as Wolves stayed up in the Premier League.
With Damien Delaney’s exit confirmed by the club this afternoon, Jewell is desperately looking to improve the centre of his defence with just Luke Chambers and Tommy Smith the current options.
We understand a stumbling block could be the terms of the deal with Wolves wanting to sell the defender and Blues boss Paul Jewell eyeing a loan deal.
Ex-Rangers centre-back Kirk Broadfoot and Sean St Ledger, who Jewell almost signed in January, have also been linked today.
- 1 Top food event set to provide showcase for more than 100 Suffolk producers
- 2 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory at Forest Green
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations from Ipswich Town's win at Forest Green
- 5 Plans for former Dorothy Perkins store in Suffolk town withdrawn
- 6 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 7 See inside £715k mid Suffolk townhouse for sale after major revamp
- 8 Driver caught speeding at 94mph in 50 zone on A140 in mid Suffolk
- 9 Decision on pub's licence deferred to next week
- 10 Plans for 19 homes in Suffolk village refused
St Ledger has only been involved once for Leicester City this season – in Tuesday’s disappointing Capital One Cup defeat by Burton Albion – and reports suggest Town are interested with a loan move with a view to a permanent deal.