TRANSFER NEWS: Stephen Hunt on the verge of signing for Ipswich Town
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town are close to announcing the signing of Irish left-winger Stephen Hunt on a short-term deal until January.
The 32-year-old was released by Wolves in the summer and recently called upon his former boss club boss Mick McCarthy to see if he could train at Playford Road to maintain his fitness.
McCarthy, who took Hunt to Molineux from Hull for £3m in August 2010, accepted the request but played down the prospect of a deal saying that the experienced wide man was not short of interest and that he himself had plenty of left midfield options.
The ex-Crystal Palace, Brentford and Reading man missed much of last season due to calf and hernia problems before returning to action in March but couldn’t prevent his former club being relegated into League One.
The EADT understands a deal could be done in time for Town’s game at Blackpool on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
McCarthy has confirmed that Tyrone Mings will replace the suspended Aaron Cresswell at left-back on Saturday, while right-winger Paul Anderson is a doubt having felt a groin injury in training yesterday.
– See tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star for all the latest Blues news.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 9 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close