TRANSFER RUMOUR: Could Frank Nouble be Ipswich Town’s third new striker signing in four days?
The former England Under-21 international has struggled for starts at Molineux since he joined from West Ham in the summer.
Now it seems like McCarthy is set to offer him a chance in Suffolk amid reports from Sky Sports News that Nouble is close to joining on an 18-month deal and is having a medical today.
McCarthy was always likely to return to Wolves to try and tempt some of his former players with Ronald Zubar, Richard Stearman and Sylvan Ebanks-Blake all linked.
Nouble has made just one start and four substitute appearances under former Wolves boss Stale Solbakken, who left Molineux on Saturday night and has since been replaced by Dean Saunders.
On Friday, Ipswich signed strikers David McGoldrick and Aaron McLean on half-season loans from Nottingham Forest and Hull City respectively, with McGoldrick’s on a view to a permanent move.
You may also want to watch:
– For more on this breaking story, keep checking this website
- 1 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 10 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash