TRANSFER RUMOUR: Ipswich Town and Blackburn Rovers battle over forward Steve Davies
BLACKBURN Rovers are interested in signing Town target Steve Davies, according to reports.
The Derby County striker has made it clear he doesn’t expect to be at Pride Park next season with Paul Jewell, who signed him for the Rams, a known admirer.
But Blackburn Rovers have also entered the equation, according to Sky Sports, while other Championship clubs are said to be monitoring the situation.
Davies, 24, was placed on the transfer list after turning down a new contract at Derby, where he finished as joint top scorer last season.
Ironically, Town face Blackburn in next month’s season-opener at Portman Road with Steve Kean already bringing in strikers Leon Best and Nuno Gomes as well as veteran midfielder Danny Murphy.
You may also want to watch:
Davies admitted himself he has several clubs interested, but Jewell will also have many striking options he is currently pursuing.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk