Trio could be recalled – but Bullard is ill again
IPSWICH Town manager has hinted that he could recall Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Lee Martin and Andy Drury for Saturday’s trip to Crystal Palace.
The aforementioned trio – along with Michael Chopra – were rested for Monday’s 2-1 home defeat to Leicester having all started at least 12 of the previous 14 games.
“We rested a few on Monday because they’d put so much effort in the games,” said Jewell.
“This is the longest that JET has played football, and Lee Martin and Andy Drury at this level. Those three players who were rested could come back into contention for Saturday.”
That would suggest that Jason Scotland will retain his place up front having replaced Michael Chopra on Monday, with Josh Carson, Ryan Stevenson and Lee Bowyer dropping out.
You may also want to watch:
There are no new injuries amongst the 16 who were in the squad on Monday, but midfielder Jimmy Bullard – who was out of action for a spell after Christmas due to flu – is again sidelined.
Jewell revealed: “Jimmy’s ill again. He’s seeing the doc at half-one. He’s got really bad sinuses, so he certainly won’t be involved on Saturday.”
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
Meanwhile, the Blues boss said that Jaime Peters – who hasn’t played in a Championship game all season – is the only player currently out due to injury, the versatile player struggling with a thigh strain.”
– See tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star for all the latest Blues news.