Parrott to miss Town game as striker and McGuinness get international calls
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Troy Parrott will miss Ipswich Town’s trip to Wigan next weekend after being called up for international duty.
The 19-year-old, on loan from Tottenham, has been named in the Republic of Ireland squad for two World Cup qualifiers, against Serbia and Luxembourg, as well as a friendly against Qatar.
Parrott will join up with Stephen Kenny’s side after Saturday’s visit to Portsmouth and will be away when the Blues go to Wigan on March 27, before returning in time for the home clash with Bristol Rovers on Good Friday (April 2).
The Spurs youngster has previously won two caps for his country, having been handed his debut by former Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy against New Zealand in November 2019.
He’s made 11 appearances for the Blues since joining on loan in January, with his one goal proving to be the winner against Plymouth last Saturday.
Meanwhile, defender Mark McGuinness has been called up by the Republic's Under 21 squad for their game with Wales on March 26. The Arsenal loanee is yet to make a matchday squad under Paul Cook.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 7 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 8 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 9 'A good team and well-coached' - Bolton boss Evatt on Town
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years