Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Championship trio target striker Simpson
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Young Ipswich Town striker Tyreece Simpson is a transfer target for a trio of Championship clubs, according to reports.
The 19-year-old was recalled from a successful loan at League Two Swindon Town last week, having netted 11 goals in 30 games for the promotion-chasing Robins.
And now The Sun on Sunday are claiming that Hull, Barnsley and Cardiff are all interested in signing the teenager, who's made seven senior appearances for Town without scoring.
Speaking about the decision to recall Simpson, boss Kieran McKenna said: "That's an issue with the club.
"Some things are just getting sorted, there's a contractual issue that's just being sorted between Tyrecee and the club. It wasn't part of my decision to bring him back into the group.
"Obviously he is a player we value very, very highly. We've been keeping really close tabs on what he's been doing at Swindon and are really pleased with his progress.
"I got to meet him for the first yesterday. He's a lovely kid and we want him to be a part of the future and a part of what we're doing here."
Speaking about Simpson last week, Swindon boss Ben Garner said: "Tyreece was called back by Ipswich for contractual reasons on their part – they want him to agree a new deal there, and if he does that he will be allowed back out on loan.
- 1 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 2 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 3 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 4 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 5 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 6 Indiana Jones-inspired metal detectorist finds £65k Roman hoard
- 7 'I like his profile' - McKenna looking forward to working with Ndaba
- 8 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 9 Man exposes himself to two women on Thorpeness beach
- 10 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
“We haven’t heard anything this week in terms of progress on that – that’s as much as I know.”